Закрыто для дальнейших ответов.

Dmitrij M

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
5 944
Слухи ходили давно, и вот сегодня получаю письмо от Adobe:
Changes to Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, Professional Edition
Effective immediately, all customers who newly purchase or renew Digital Publishing Suite (DPS), Professional Edition, will be able to publish only one app per license of DPS Professional Edition.
Under this policy change, Professional Edition customers can publish an unlimited number of issues (.folio files) to a single app and distribute those issues based on purchased fulfillment bundles.
An app created with a single license of DPS Professional Edition can be distributed to any or all of the marketplaces that DPS supports, including the Apple App Store (and Newsstand), Google Play, Amazon Appstore, and the Windows Store.
In conjunction with this policy change, Adobe is reducing the price of a Professional Edition license to $4,800 USD annually (€3,600/¥480,000) or to $400 per month (€300/¥40,000) and will include 1,000 fulfillments annually. The number of fulfillments included with a monthly subscription remain unchanged.
This policy does not apply to test or demo apps published using Professional Edition. The one-app-per-license policy applies only to an app published to a supported marketplace(s).
If you are an agency, upon your renewal or purchase of Professional Edition, you can create only one app per Professional Edition license. If you have multiple clients for whom you are creating apps, either you as the agency or your client must purchase a Professional Edition license for each app published to a supported marketplace(s).
If you are an existing Professional Edition customer and choose to renew your Professional Edition license at the end of your annual agreement, these changes, including the lower price point and 1,000 fulfillments, apply at that time. These changes do not apply to your existing DPS Professional Edition agreement and take effect only if you renew your license.
DPS Professional Edition customers can continue to create unlimited Single Edition apps, which is unchanged under the new policy. A Single Edition app is defined as an app that includes one built-in or embedded folio.
If you expect to publish three or more apps annually, we encourage you to contact your local reseller to discuss pricing for a multi-year Enterprise Edition license.
Enterprise Edition offers additional functionality and benefits not available through Professional Edition. These include app customization, integration with back-end business systems, in-app marketing tools, targeted content based on user entitlement, and the ability to publish apps privately.
Please find Adobe contact information on www.adobe.com/ie/products/digitalpublishingsuite.
Если кратко – новость нехорошая, так сильно увеличивает стоимость размещения приложений, сделанных в DPS. Многие маленькие издатели и так не использовали DPS по причине дорогих для них оплат за скачивание и используют менее функциональные, но дешевые альтернативы. Пока не ясно, какие изменения будут в версии Enterpise.
Не факт, что это не выстрел себе в ступню для Adobe. Электронный рынок при обилии предложений значительных доходов большинству участников не приносит. Понятно, что гиганту хочется больше денег, но рынок может платить столько, сколько может. Увеличение цены для меня слабо аргументировано. Снижение стоимости подписки смехотворно при таком значительном ограничении поля применения.
Если представители Adobe заглядывают в ветку – прошу прокомментировать.

• Спасибо
Реакции: George

George

I wish I was a monster you think I am
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
Да чё в ступню, шоб им голову насквозь разнесло. За всеми сказками о новых выгодах вижу только увеличение цены. CC буду продлевать ограниченно на фирме (досталась по апгрейд-плану), а большинство будет сидеть на цс6.
Никакой логики: инкопи по цене индизайна, а ведь это просто текстовый редактор.

Сотрудники русского/украинского/польского представительства адобов безвольные люди. Что ты от них хочешь услышать? Что это "политика партии", а они не могут устанавливать цены на локальном рынке дешевле чем в США?

Последнее редактирование модератором:

Dmitrij M

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
5 944
Я хочу услышать обоснование – кроме явной алчности другого повода не вижу.
Налицо – монополистическое поведение. Способ и особенно сроки введения изменений я оцениваю как хамский.

Несомненный плюс такого шага – стимулирование конкурентов Адоби. Пока что никто из них не создал ничего близкого по функционалу и цене.

George

15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
И не создаст :)

Dmitrij M

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
5 944
Получил мейл от Адоби:
Simplified DPS License Model
Effective December 1, 2014 Adobe is simplifying DPS licensing with the removal of download fulfillments and moving to a per app license model. The new license will have a fixed price per app fee for the term of the agreement regardless of fulfillment usage. As part of this improvement, we are removing the download counter and disabling the fulfillment warning expiration messaging. No services or features will be affected by the new pricing model.

All customer agreements will remain in place. For additional information, please contact your Adobe representative or reseller near the end of the term of your agreement. Customers who entered into a multi-year agreement and agreed to purchase download fulfillment bundles each year are still obligated to purchase those bundles at the price and schedule specified in the agreement. If customers exceed their current fulfillment bundle agreement going forward, they will not need to purchase additional fulfillments.

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime to discuss this new pricing model. We wish you tremendous success in 2015 as we continue to innovate on the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite.

-The DPS Team
@GeorgeS , Жора, ты что-нибудь знаешь о ценах? Что-то их колбасит, задним числом присылают информацию.

George

15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
DPS в РФ индивидуально для каждого клиента. Ака "кормушка". Не скажу цен.

Йожег

без телевизора
12 лет на форуме
Реакции
4 274
Адоб пора раскулачивать :) Вслед за майкрософтом и гуглом. Другой вопрос что конечным юзерам от этих штрафов и разделений нет никаких плюшек.

andrejK

R.I.P.
Реакции
5 218
отнять и поделить! ©

Статус
Закрыто для дальнейших ответов.