[ID CC2022] Новостная рассылка по ИнДизайну от Adobe. InDesign newsletters

George

I wish I was a monster you think I am
Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
Здесь будут публиковаться новостные рассылки по Adobe InDesign. Обещают их делать часто, а там посмотрим.

George

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863

InDesign Newsletter - October 2021​

ID Newsletter Banner.png

This is our first community newsletter for InDesign and we couldn't be more excited to bring this to you.

Adobe MAX is behind us, and I am sure, like us, you were blown away by the many sessions and announcements. In case you have missed it, you can still watch Adobe MAX 2021 sneaks to what Adobe has lined up.

ACP Highlight

Uwe-Laubender-Portrait.jpg

Uwe Laubender. Uwe joined our Adobe family as an Adobe Community Professional on ‎June 2, 2009. Uwe is one of our top contributors in Adobe InDesign community, and has won accolades and appreciation from our community of users for his insightful answers driven by his product expertise.

Let's know more about him in his own words:-
I began my design career as an Illustrator expert in the pre-digital age. Mostly work for semi-professional magazines in the science-fiction field of the late 70ies and the early 80ies of the last century. Ended the University Of Applied Sciences and Arts in Würzburg, Germany with a diploma on "Desktop Publishing" in 1987. My thesis was done with and was about electronic publishing with PageMaker 1 on Windows 1, the application that finally changed all for graphic designers at that time. Did already do some programing work by writing Encapsulated PostScript files for typographic effects. I had to bring my own equipment, because I was the first one who used DTP at the faculty of Communication Design at that time. My thesis professor really had no idea what I was doing, but he trusted me
Nowadays I do work in mainly three fields:
1. Design for magazines and other mostly print related stuff.
2. Workflow automation with InDesign by writing ExtendScript JavaScript.
3. For over ten years now I am lecturing courses on typography, layout and print production on The Hochschule Hannover - University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Faculty III - Media, Information and Design. My current project, not finalized yet, is the "EXPORTER At Home" magazine. You may have a look at my work below:-

Some old days work:-
Early Days (1).gif
These days glimpse:-
Now Days.gif

Uwe, we thank you for your Great contribution to our Community. Keep rocking !

Adobe InDesign MAX update (17.0)

The Adobe InDesign MAX update brings to you lot of interesing features like Capture Panel, Scalable UI, Inclusive Terminology and more. Please click on this link to read the complete announcement and explore the new features.
capture Panel2.gif
Scalable UI.gif

Trending issues

1. Issue:- [Monterey] Save/export dialogs don't appear with Side-Car/external display connected-
Action:- Bug ID-4228210 has been logged with our engineering team fo further investigation.
Workaround:- Please follow the steps mentioned below:
a.) Disconnect the sidecar/External display.
OR
b.) Set the iMac/Macbook as the main screen once, if not already. Then change it back to the way it was setup.

2. Issue:- UI Scaling option is Greyed out in InDesign on low resolution Monitors.
Solution:- For Scalable UI the minimum monitor resolution required is 1920 x 1080.

New tutorials

Adobe Capture Extension in InDesign:- How to scale user interface in InDesign?

Helpful links

User guide | FAQ | Common troubleshooting steps | System requirements | Tutorial

Please follow our Adobe InDesign Newsletter Home page to stay tuned and receive notifications for our newsletter on monthly basis.

Последнее редактирование:
  • Спасибо
Реакции: NNN5 и Dmitrij M

George

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
xmas ID News-01-01.png
The most awaited time of the year which brings Snowman, Santa Claus, Gifts, Sweets, Love & Joy is almost here! The Adobe Community Team wishes you a Merry Christmas, Happy New year, and Happy Holidays in advance. To mark the occassion, we have included a tutorial for novice users showing how to create a Christmas Greeting card in 3 minutes using InDesign.

ACP Highlight

I'm honored to feature Peter Spier as our community superstar for this month. Peter has been a part of our community for more than 19 years now. Wow!!! In my conversations with Peter, his humility and expertise blew me away. Peter is a long-time Adobe Community Professional (ACP) and has contributed to over 70K posts
:thumbs_up:
. More strength to you, Peter! We couldn't be gladder working with you and learning from your posts.

In Peter's own words:
PSpier.jpg

"I transitioned careers from Jewelry design and cabinet-making to the printing business in the late 1990s, a few years before InDesign version 1 was released and Quark Xpress was the dominant application in my area. I got the bulk of my training as the prepress and art departments in a small job printer and later in a large-format service bureau. I saw (and had to fix) pretty much every kind of mistake that could be made, and made a few of my own. I took a look at ID version 1 when it came out, but didn't really touch the program until one of our print clients asked me to moonlight and help her with a project in version 1.5. The rest, as they say, is history.

There were no classes in InDesign when I started, but somehow I found my way to the Adobe InDesign forums and I was hooked. I read every post on the Windows side (they were separate in the early days) and tried to figure out the solution to every problem posed, paying close attention to hosts Bob Levine and Dave Saunders who really deserve the credit for my expertise. I began answering posts, eventually becoming for a time the number one responder and taking over much of the InDesign Forum hosting duties for about a decade. I switched over to ID for all of my production work at version 2, as I recall, and taught a few classes at Cape Cod Community College. I've retired to the mountains in Western North Carolina and am no longer as active in graphics, but I still do the occasional freelance job and answer posts on the forum".

Adobe InDesign update (17.0.1)

The Adobe InDesign version 17.0.1 brings to you stability and performance related fixes. Please click here for more information.

Trending issues

• Issue:- Page display looks glitchy when scrolling in InDesign.
  • Action:- Bug has been logged with our engineering team.
  • Workaround Solution:- Under InDesign preferences, change the UI scaling from large to small.

Behance Livestream Update:-

Livestream_ChanaM_12.png

Chana Messer teaches higher education at USC and Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandisin. She will be streaming from here with new episodes starting in January 2022. She is an expert in InDesign, Illustrator, Fresco and some other Adobe apps. We hope that you will enjoy her Behance sessions.

New tutorial for Beginners

How to create a Greeting Card in InDesign:-

Download link

Helpful links

User guide | FAQ | Common troubleshooting steps | System requirements | Tutorial

• Спасибо
Реакции: Dmitrij M

George

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
InDesign Newsletter - December 2021

New Year ID Newsletter_Twitter.png

Happy New Year everyone! We hope that the holidays were good for all the Adobe Community members.

“Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve.” - Martin Luther King Jr. To help our new users mark his day, our ACP Andrea Batts-Latson has created a short video tutorial depicting how to create a flyer for this occassion. Thank you, Andrea! In addition, this newsletter features one of our favorite ACPs, Derek Cross. We also have info on trending topics, the latest InDesign update, and more! Keep reading.

ACP Highlight

I'm honored to feature Derek Cross as our community superstar for this month. Derek has been a part of our community for more than 14 years now. Derek is a long-time Adobe Community Professional (ACP) and has contributed to over 14K posts. We are thankful for your consistent contribution. Keep rocking, Derek!

In Derek's's own words:

Picture1.jpg

Derek Cross

"I started typesetting as an apprentice compositor in London’s Fleet Street in the mid 1950s. At that time, typesetting from moveable type and printing had hardly changed since its invention at the end of the 15th century – we even used an Albion Press for proofing in those days!

Since then, I’ve seen many developments; camera-ready artwork with hot wax, the early attempts at phototypesetting through to today’s highly sophisticated publishing applications like InDesign, where you can produce artwork from your desk ready for your printer or for digital publishing – it’s been quite a journey.

As an apprentice, I was sent to college one day a week to learn about all aspects of printing and graphic design. This six-year period of study provided a solid basis for my subsequent career as a graphic designer. After finishing my apprenticeship, I joined Collins Publishers (now Harper Collins) as a graphic designer, designing and producing book covers and publicity material to promote their best-selling books. I subsequently moved to several other book publishers in various management roles and eventually started my own small imprint. During my time working in book publishing I met many bestselling authors, including, Ted Geisel, who you may know as Dr Seuss!

I returned to the London College of Communication during the late 1990s to undertake a full-time course in digital publishing. I have now retired though, during the UK lockdown in 2020, I worked with four expert authors and put together a book called “Mental Disorders, Mental Illness and the Family Court” (a sexy title, eh!) The book was taken on by Bloomsbury Professional and was published a couple of weeks ago. The publishers did their own production from my manuscript, but I produced a promotional brochure for the title. I created a print version for mailing and exhibitions and a digital version for emailing and social media. The workflow to produce the digital version is, I think, rather interesting and novel, which I describe below.

The brochure pages were created in InDesign and exported as an Interactive PDF. It includes links (the yellow circles) to specimen pages from the book, which were also created in InDesign and uploaded to Publish Online and they have links to return to the brochure or place and order the book. The Interactive PDF was imported into the third-party application PaperTurn and a link to a YouTube interview with the authors. See for yourself:

Mental Disorders, Mental Illness and the Family Court brochure - Presentation - Page 1

I enjoy trying to answer some of the questions on the InDesign and Photoshop forums, but there are a number of gurus on there that know much more about these applications than me, but it keeps me out of trouble during the current lockdowns!

I live in the county of Kent in England (known as the garden of England because it is where most of the fruit orchards and hop gardens are situated). I live in a 250-year-old cottage that was originally a toll cottage. The owner in the late 1880’s hobby was photography and a number of his photographs have survived. So my next job (for fun) is to self-publish an illustrated booklet on the history of turnpikes and the toll system and the growth and decline of the system, rather like the growth and decline from metal hand and machine typesetting!".

Adobe InDesign update (17.0.1)

The Adobe InDesign version 17.0.1 brings to you stability and performance related fixes. Please click here for more information.

Trending issues

• Action:- Bug has been logged with our engineering team.
  • Workaround Solution:- Under InDesign preferences, change the UI scaling from large to small.

How to create a Flyer in Adobe InDesign:-
Download link

Helpful links

Последнее редактирование:
  • Спасибо
Реакции: Dmitrij M

George

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863
ID Newsletter Banner.png

The season of love, chocolates, roses, gifts, good feelings, romantic music, exchange of hearts is here! The Adobe Community Team wishes you and your loved ones a Happy Valentines Day. To mark the occasion, our ACP, Andrea shares with us a quick way to create a Valentine theme using popular InDesign tools such as Gradient Feather, Resize, Frames, Rounded Corners, Text Frames, and Custom bullets..

ACP Highlight

I'm honored to feature Barb Binder as our community superstar for this month. Barb has been a part of our community for more than 12 years now. Barb is an expert in multiple Adobe products like AI, Photoshop, Acrobat, Adobe FrameMaker, and of course Adobe InDesign. Barb has contributed to over 12.6K posts and she has received more than 6.2k likes. We are thankful for her contribution to our community. Apart from being a Design expert, she is also an adventurer. Keep rocking Barb!

In her own words:

Barb.PNG

" First job: teaching my friends how to roller skate and perform basic tricks. At age eight, I charged them for the lessons, and I charged their parents to attend the recitals to show off what they learned. In my teens and college years, I taught swim lessons. I have completed my education from French and Business College.

First professional job: 4 years of desktop computer sales, starting in 1984, mostly in New York City. Sent to PageMaker training in 1987 as part of our sales training and began selling Windows-Runtime/PageMaker 2.0 desktop publishing solutions. Clear recollection of using a mouse for the first time in that class. Next stop was selling Ventura-based DTP systems. Then, I took on layout jobs for those who couldn’t afford to buy a system for themselves. I couldn’t afford one either so I would go to the office at 2 am and work until just before it was time for my co-workers to arrive (What a dedication
:clapping_hands:
). Then I would leave, grab breakfast and come back to start my normal day. Then I found a job at USDA Graduate School for a desktop publishing instructor who would teach both PageMaker and Ventura. In 1988, I was uniquely qualified for the role, so left New York, moved home to Northern Virginia and began my career as a publishing-focused trainer. For the next 18 years, I divided my time between working as a contract trainer for local training companies and working on layout jobs. I had the pleasure of teaching alongside other ACPs for many of those years, including Jane Edwards, Mike Witherell and David Mankin.I am also a PSIA-certified ski instructor. I have taught part-time in the very icy mountains of Pennsylvania.

Later on, I have moved the family to the mountain town of Evergreen, Colorado in 2005 to escape the chaos of Northern Virginia. I have opened Rocky Mountain Training in early 2007 as a collaboration with two of my old friends from our contract-training days, and we have been delivering public online training classes since we opened our (virtual) doors. I continued to teach skiing part-time at Winter Park for another ten years but now I just ski for fun. We picked up ski touring as a way to continue to ski while avoiding crowded chair lifts and lift lines during lockdown.

After so many years of answering student questions and solving student issues in class, volunteering on the community forums is a natural fit for me. At this stage of my life, I love having the opportunity to give back. I find it relaxing to sit and answer questions and ponder creative solutions. But in class, on the slopes or on the forums, nothing makes me happier than someone saying “Thank you, that’s just what I needed!”. That’s the feeling that drove me to start teaching my friends at age eight, and has kept me on this track for the last 50+ years. There’s nothing else like that for me. And in retrospect, I suppose this is to be expected. Out of a family of six, our mother was the only one who chose not to teach. My father, one sister and my brother were all college professors, and my sister Jane-e has worked as a computer trainer for as long as I have".

Follow Barb on Linkedin | Twitter | Behance

Trending issues

• Solution:- Update your macOS to 12.1 version.
  • Alternate workaround:- Under InDesign preferences, change the UI scaling from large to small.

Behance Livestream Update:-

Livestream_ChanaM_12.png

Chana Messer teaches higher education at USC and Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandisin. She will be streaming from here on Feb 21st @6:00 PM PST. She will be sharing tips to create a beautiful travel Brochure. We hope that you will enjoy her Behance session.

Create a Valentine theme with InDesign!

Helpful links

George

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863

George

Топикстартер
15 лет на форуме
Реакции
7 863